Periodontics is a specialized field of dentistry that focuses on the mouth’s soft tissues. Dr. Tripthi Shetty of Modern Dental Studio is an East Brunswick, New Jersey area dentist who offers this and many other services for patients seeking periodontal treatment to reverse receding gums, address periodontal disease, and restore the smile after an infection has been fully treated.
What periodontal services are available at Modern Dental Studio?
Dr. Tripthi Shetty is pleased to offer the following services for new and established patients seeking periodontal care:
- Bone grafting. Preparing the smile after tooth loss for the placement of dental implants often requires bone grafting to rebuild the jaw and ensure a successful placement.
- Crown lengthening. Patients with a “gummy smile” may benefit from crown lengthening, during which the dentist will remove a portion of the gum tissue to reveal more of the natural tooth structure and provide proper balance and harmony to the smile.
- Gum recession. Those who have experienced the later stages of periodontal disease may be dealing with the aftereffects such as gum recession. Our team can provide gum grafting and contouring to restore the smile’s beauty.
- Oral cancer examinations. Oral cancer can be spotted with routine evaluations and screenings at the dental office. If a new growth or unusual sore develops in the mouth, we may remove a sample as a biopsy to test for cancerous cells.
- Pocket irrigation. The deep cleaning process for periodontal health involves removing plaque and tartar from areas below the gum line that are difficult to reach with brushing and flossing alone. This is done by rinsing the pockets with a sterile solution.
- Scaling and root planing. Scaling refers to removing tartar (calculus) from the teeth above and below the gum line. Root planing is the process of treating the roots of the teeth to discourage the future buildup of calculus. This is often done in conjunction with pocket reduction surgery.
- Periodontal maintenance. After successful treatment of periodontal disease, it is important to maintain good oral hygiene habits and visit the dentist regularly for cleanings and checkups.
How do I learn more about periodontal services available?
Call Modern Dental Studio at (732) 402-8858 to request an appointment with Dr. Tripthi Shetty and her team of professionals in East Brunswick, NJ.